Uncle's Kitchen info
Uncle's Kitchen, Malad West timings
Cost and prices at Uncle's Kitchen, Mumbai India
User Reviews for Uncle's Kitchen
The first time i ordered Chinese (Indian chinese) food it was from here. I was like 6-8 years old or something. This restaurant during those days was situated on the main road and yes it has seen its fair share of shifting. But i will tell you few things about the Uncle's Kitchen of those days, it had a taste that would hook onto your taste buds forever and every time you thought about chinese (Indian chinese) your brain would only come up with "Uncles's kitchen". Even the size of the restaurant was not that big during those days. It was a chinese nook! but still amazing food & amazing quantity
Well years went by and the taste of this once famous nook has faded and it has even turned into a restaurant !
The 4 star is for the amazing food that you served me all my childhood & teenage life not for the present restaurant.
Food & service:
1) Their dry chicken lollypops taste very good, good quantity in a plate and 2 plates of this dish will suffice a gang of 4. but the present circumstances turned out to be different.
2) Order a simple chicken or prawns fried rice and you will know what Indian Chinese should taste like.
3) To go with the food you can order a chicken Manchurian gravy, this is one dish which is somewhere close to the previous version of it.
4) Chicken chilly dry and chicken chilly gravy both of them are very tasty. but the present restaurant has significantly deteriorated the quantity they serve for this dish. (Its very spicy,beware)
5) In noodles they serve amazing Chk Singapore noodles which had a very peculiar taste to it but present restaurant has seem to lost it.
6) If you are up for some mixing, you should try their mixed fried rice. The quality of their prawns is simply amazing.
7) Service is fine but what shook me heavily was the difference in the taste, its so different that we have stopped home delivering from this place.
Pocket hole rating : 3/5
Satisfaction rating :1/5 ( Present restaurant)
Rates have gone up and taste has gone down. Still its a good restaurant to visit for Chinese but if knew the previous Uncles kitchen, you could have never gotten over it. Just like i am not able to.
I Miss the old Uncles Kitchen food. Please try and get back the same quality and service.
My cousin and her friends used to frequent this place in their college times and always had praises to sing about it, so i decided to try it out. I wasnt impressed at all with the look and the ambiance of this place but still went ahead to try the food.
It serves typical Indian type Chinese food that I must say is Very Tasty. The portions are large and is good enough for 2 people with a proper appetite. Please dont expect Authentic Chinese though they have lots of dishes that sound Chinese but they are all very much with Indian twist that tastes Too good.
So its a good place to parcel food or a casual Chinese with close friends..Definitely not a place to visit for any special celebrations
My father use to talk a lot about this place he likes this place very much so i also decided to give this place a visit..
Its surly a good joint with Chinese style food and a very reasonable price.
Food is good and tasty with less vinegar which is a plus point when it comes to me.
Chicken lollipops are good don't miss those.
There are many varieties but go only for Chinese style cause they are always good. the place is not much of nice for eatting but you can take parcle and enjoy it in car or at home.
One of the first restaurants that introduced me to the taste of indianized Chinese cuisine, sadly, is no longer what it used to be 15 years ago.
Visited this place again (now at Sunder Lane rather than Mith Chowki) after what seemed like ages.
The new place has a better ambience, decent service, proportions still remain the same, but the quality seems to have deteriorated over the years.
Very own landmark in it's own...loved coming for the chinese over here especially for their seafood chinese which includes, prawn szechuan, mixed fried rice, etc.
Don't expect all the fine china on your table but their simple set-up is just what you need sometimes for a good outing.
Lately, food hasn't been so good and really hoping they bring up their standards
Foodies who viewed this restaurant also viewed
Related to Uncle's Kitchen, Malad West
Restaurants in Popular Locations around Malad WestGoregaon West restaurants, Kandivali restaurants, Kandivali West restaurants
Frequent searches leading to this page
Statistics for Uncle's Kitchen, Malad West
Page last updated on: